Saturday, March 13, 2010

Long hair styles?

Can anyone help me with a style for my very long straight hair - an updo is fine also as long as it is fairly easy. I have to do my own hair for my wedding but other than that I fancy a change! Thank you...!Long hair styles?
Do a pony tail. Put your finger through from the top of the pony tail, down through, next to the scalp. Pull the loose hair up through and over the top of the band, splay the hair out. You can buy tools to do this style, but it is just as easy with your finger.... bit difficult to explain..... lol!





French plaits are easy on long hair, just takes lots of practice to do it to yourself, smaller pieces of hair into each section looks better than big pieces.





A simple French pleat. Scoop hair as if you are going to put a low pony tail in, twist the hair, and use a big hair clip and clip up. You can then make spikes etc, at the top with gel etc.





I used to have long hair, and mine is a straight as a die, but still managed lots and lots of styles.





Go to www.expertvillage.com, search for hair styles, long hair, etc you may find some videos on there, can't promise but it has most things!Long hair styles?
Skinhead is the way forward my friend!


I used to have hair down past my shoulders and it took about an hour to get used to it but a shaven head is fantastic!


Do it- do it now ;)
I have the same style of hair and I wore a great hairstyle once recommended to me by a fashion runway hairstylist. I'll do my best to explain it.





Start by sectioning your hair in two halves horizontally and pull each section into a ponytail. The top halve should be slightly larger than the bottom and should be about where you would put your ponytail regularly. The bottom halve should be a low ponytail so that basically you have two ponys one on top of the other. Make sure that you keep the two relatively close together to help with the next steps.





Now, pull the end of the top ponytail underneath the bottom ponytail and secure with bobby pins. If someone looks at you from the side it will look like a loop. The idea is to hide the bottom pony tail. Now, take the bottom tail and split it in two sections. Fold the right halve throught the loop you just made on the right side and do the same for the left halve. Let some of the ends fall out. You shoudl now have what looks like a ribbon tied into a bow.





For extra effect, leave out a few pieces of hair before you start and curl them. Also you can wrap a piece of hair around the top ponytail so everything is hidden from view.





Good luck! And congratulations on getting married.
How about a french platt! with flowers braided into it?
Keep it straight but do some strands with loose curls. So theres a mixture of both straight and curly

No comments:

Post a Comment