Saturday, March 13, 2010

What's good website to go to for long hair style of the 40's swing time and make up?

i have a beautiful sleek red dress for my husbands marine ball. I have half back long hair and this year I really don't want a up do. I want to keep it long and classy.What's good website to go to for long hair style of the 40's swing time and make up?
http://www.hairfinder.com/hairstyling/19鈥?/a>





Women would wear make-up in the evenings since luxuries were always put last in those days, unlike now.What's good website to go to for long hair style of the 40's swing time and make up?
Hi cyncyn, Well I don't know of any webs and I have studied the 40's era and I am sorry to upset you but there were really no ladies that wore their hair down if long. The longest was shoulder length and then it was a fluffly curl with a tight updo on the sides (like half up half down). Take a look at some of the movies made in the 40's;; Gilda with Rita Hayworth; It's a Wonderful Life, all the women; Hope this helps and have fun.. :D


Also, the make up should not be too over powering. There was really no liners used, very subdude but defff. use RED lips and RED nails. Happy Swing......Glen Miller Band !!

No comments:

Post a Comment